Watermelon ice cream
- 150g cashew nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 200ml full fat coconut milk
- Pinch sea salt
- 250g Watermelon cut into small chunks seeds removed
- Juice 1/2 lime
- Optional: grated or fine slivers of lime zest for garnishing plus extra pinch of salt (trust me on that one)
Soak the cashews for 15-20 mins with hot water.
Drain and add to the processor or blender along with the vanilla extract, maple, coconut milk and salt and pulse until you get a super creamy and smooth consistency.
Add the watermelon and lime juice and blend again.
Pour into a few ice cube trays or you can use a silicon muffin tray. Place in the freezer for around 3-4 hours until fully frozen.
Then add the frozen cubes/muffins back to the processor or blender and pulse until thick and creamy. You may need to stop and help the processor along or use a tamper if blending.
Transfer to a loaf pan or smaller dish and place back in the freezer for 30-60 mins to your preferred consistency. Scoop and garnish with the lime zest and add a sprinkle of sea salt to finish.