Vanilla & Tonka Bean ice cream
- 200g cashews
- 30g macadamia nuts
- 200ml (mini can) full fat coconut milk
- 1 Tonka Bean finely grated (around 1 teaspoon)
- Seeds of 1 whole vanilla pod
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract – I like Little Pod or Steenbergs for this
- 4 tablespoons coconut blossom nectar (or you can use maple or date syrup instead if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup filtered water
Place all the ingredients into a high speed powerful blender and blend until you have a smooth consistency. You will need to use a tamper to push down the ingredients or stop and scrape to get this evenly smooth.
Pour into a container and freeze. Your ice cream will be frozen in 1 hour. Take it out of the freezer 30 mins before you want to eat it to allow it to soften. You can just store it in the fridge as it will be thick once set.