Makes 1 small container approx 200g
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon roughly chopped
- 2 cups pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- 4 tablespoons organic cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 clove fresh garlic crushed or you can use 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons drained capers (either in brine or oil)
- Juice from one fresh lemon
- Pinch sea salt and black pepper
Heat the oven to 150C. Put the flaked almonds on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and toast them for 20 minutes. You can prep all the ingredients while these are cooking. Remove almonds from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
Add these and all other ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined to create a thicker spread but keeping some texture, its personal preference really.
You will need to stop and scrape from time to time. Once you get the desired consistency transfer to a container and keep in the fridge for 1 week.