Sweet potato and halloumi with tahini dressing
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into roughly 3 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 100g halloumi cut into 12-15 cubes
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- Sea salt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Place the sweet potato on the baking tray and cook for 25-30 minutes util tender.
While the sweet potato is cooking, heat a small frying pan on a medium heat, add the butter or ghee and lightly fry the halloumi for 4-6 minutes, flipping occasionally until golden. Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl.
Add the mint and dill to the bowl with the halloumi.
For the dressing, mix the tahini, lemon juice, salt, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and a little water to thin; put to one side.
When the sweet potato is cooked, remove from the oven and add to the bowl with the halloumi, mint and dill and combine all together. Transfer to a serving plate (or between two plates) and drizzle with the dressing and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.