Sesame and ginger chicken noodle soup
- 1 litre organic chicken broth
- 2-3 piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or finely chopped
- 2 organic free range chicken breasts
- 100g rice noodles
- 100g shiitake or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pak choi, trimmed and halved
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 2 teaspoons mirin (or rice wine vinegar)
- Sesame oil to drizzle
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds (black, white or a mix!)
Heat the broth in a saucepan, add the ginger and garlic and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to a gentle simmer, add the chicken breasts and simmer for around 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a chopping board. Add the noodles to the broth, turn up the heat and cook for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and pak choi, soy sauce and mirin and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
Meanwhile shred the chicken. Put it back into the broth and heat through for a minute. Ladle into bowls, drizzle with a little sesame oil and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.