Salmon with miso rice + sesame glaze
- 2 x salmon fillets – try to opt for responsibility sourced like LEAP WILD
- 75g uncooked brown rice which yields around 225g cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet heart cabbage
- 1 tablespoon sweet white miso paste like this one from CLEARSPRING
- Sea salt and black pepper
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon good quality soy sauce (or you can sub with coconut aminos for soy free version)
- 1 tablespoon mirin like this one from CLEARSPRING
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
Sesame seeds to sprinkle and finish
Preheat the oven to 190c. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Lay the salmon fillets on this and season.
Rinse the rice with cold water and cook in lightly salted boiling water in a saucepan to cover the rice by a few inches for 20-25mins, stirring occasionally. After 10 mins of cooking time place the salmon fillets into the oven and bake for 20 mins.
Whilst the salmon and rice are cooking whisk the sauce ingredients together and place to one side.
Slice the cabbage in half lengthways, trim the root end and then on the diagonal finely slice into 1/2 inch thick ribbons. Place to one side.
Once the rice has finished cooking, drain and place back into the saucepan to keep warm.
Heat a large frying pan or wok with olive oil on a medium-high heat. Stir fry the cabbage for 4-5 mins. Take off the heat.
Reduce heat to medium-low and move the rice pan back onto the heat, stir in the miso paste until well combined for around a minute. Remove from the heat.
Your salmon should now be cooked so remove from the oven.
Plate up with the rice and cabbage and salmon on top. Drizzle with the sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.