Ras el hanout aubergine and carrots, goats cheese and sumac-tahini dressing
- 1 small-medium aubergine (approx 300g), cut into 5mm slices
- 150g baby carrots, left whole (or regular carrots, peeled and sliced into batons)
- 2 teaspoons ras el hanout spice blend
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 60g goats cheese (ideally unpasteurised)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- Rose petals to finish (optional)
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
Place the aubergine slices and carrots in a large bowl. Add the ras el hanout and olive oil and toss to coat the veg. Spread the aubergines and carrots on the baking tray and roast for 25-30.
Meanwhile make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
When the aubergine and carrots are cooked tip them back into the large bowl and add the spinach, mint and parsley and mix together. Divide between two plates and add the nigella seeds then crumble over the goats cheese. Drizzle over the tahini dressing and sprinkle with the pistachios and a few rose petals if using. Finish with a generous pinch of sea salt.