Pistachio-crusted lamb cutlets, artichokes & mint
- 30g shelled pistachios, ground (use a coffee/spice grinder or very finely chop)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, plus another drizzle to sauté the artichokes
- 6 organic grass-fed lamb cutlets
- 200g cooked artichokes (which you can prep yourself from scratch or more easily buy pre cooked)
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- Sea salt and black pepper to season
- Buttery new potatoes to serve alongside
In a small bowl, mix together the ground pistachios and mustard powder and season. Add the lemon juice and olive oil and stir to form a paste. Press the paste evenly over one side of the lamb cutlets and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 200c/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with foil.
Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and brown the underside of the lamb cutlets (the side without the crust). Then place on a baking tray, crust side up and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, drain the artichokes, pat dry on kitchen paper and cut into thin slices. Heat a little olive oil in a pan and lightly sauté the artichokes to warm through and give them a bit of colour. Remove from the heat and toss with the mint leaves.
Divide the artichokes between two plates and lay the lamb cutlets alongside. Serve with buttery new potatoes.