Margherita cauli pizza
- 1/2 medium-large cauliflower, cut roughly into florets
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 50g ground almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the cashew cheese
- 65g cashews, soaked for 30 mins, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- Generous pinch sea salt
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 120ml filtered water
For the topping
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Basil leaves, roughly torn
Preheat the oven to 200c/Gas 6 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until you have a fine rice-like texture.
In a large bowl, mix the ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons of water to get a sticky texture. Add the almonds, oregano, garlic powder and salt, along with the cauliflower and use your hands to mix together and create a ‘dough’. Carefully spread this on the baking sheet to form a circle about 5mm thick and place in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool and crisp,
To make the cashew cheese, place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until you have a smoothish texture.
To make the topping, heat the butter or olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the onion until soft. Add the tomatoes and then the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the basil leaves.
To assemble, spread the cashew cheese over the pizza base and then add the tomato topping. Finish with a generous pinch of sea salt.