Harissa tray bake with lemon and pomegranate dressing
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- 2 tablespoons organic butter, melted – swap for olive oil for vegan version
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 organic free range chicken breasts, each sliced into 6 pieces – swap for 200g halloumi (veggie version) cut into 3-4 inch pieces or 1 can drained chickpeas (vegan version)
- 1 small-medium celeriac (about 450g) peeled and cut into 3.5 cm cubes
- 2 leeks, sliced on the diagonal, around 1cm thick
- 1 small bunch fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch dill, roughly chopped
Lemon and pomegranate dressing
- 2 tablespoons natural yogurt – swap for tahini for vegan version
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic infused olive oil (or 1/2 crushed garlic clove and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil)
- Water to thin to desired consistency
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
Mix together the harissa, butter (or olive oil), cumin, coriander, lemon juice and salt to create the marinade.
For chicken version – put the chicken in a large bowl, add the celeriac and leeks and pour over the marinade. Massage well and leave for at least 20 mins.
For chickpea version – add the chickpeas to a large bowl with the celeriac and leeks and pour over the marinade. Leave for at least 20 mins.
For halloumi version – just place the celeriac and leeks to the bowl, pour over marinade and leave for 20 mins. We’ll be adding in the halloumi later!
Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment. Place the bowl of ingredients above depending on version on the baking tray spreading evenly.
For chicken – bake for 40-45 minutes tossing halfway through cooking time so it all bakes evenly.
For chickpea – bake for 30-35 minutes tossing halfway through cooking time.
For halloumi – bake for 20 minutes. Add in the halloumi and toss to combine with the veggies. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes.
To make the dressing whilst this is cooking combine the yogurt (or tahini), lemon juice, garlic oil in a small bowl with a pinch of salt. Add water to thin to your desired consistency.
Remove the baking tray from the oven and sprinkle over the chopped herbs, haphazardly dollop over the dressing and top with the pomegranate seeds. Serve at the table in the tray or divide between two plates. If making for one place the other portion in a small bowl, allow to cool and store in the fridge. You can reheat to have the next day!