Halloumi & Watermelon salad with cucumber ribbons
- 1/2 mini watermelon cut into 6 triangles per slice and trim off the outer green layer
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cucumber
- Handful of mint and parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or can sub for chilli flakes and adjust for preferred level of spice
- 250g halloumi, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- Sprinkle of nigella seeds
Heat a frying pan to a medium to high heat and pan fry the watermelon slices for 3-4 minutes on each side until caramelised. Transfer to a large bowl.
Using a peeler create ribbons lengthways along the cucumber and add to the bowl. Add the mint and parsley leaves as well as the red pepper flakes. Mix everything in the bowl together well and divide between the plates.
Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by mixing the tahini, sumac, pinch salt and 1-2 tablespoons of water to thin to your preferred consistency.
Heat the grill and place the halloumi slices on foil grilling for around 3-4 minutes each side. Place the halloumi on top of the watermelon cucumber mix. Drizzle with the tahini dressing and the olive oil and finish with a sprinkling of nigella seeds and a generous pinch of sea salt.