Greens and grains with miso mustard dressing
- 50g red rice (or wild/brown rice)
- 25g pecans, roughly chopped
- 15g sunflower seeds
- 75g tenderstem broccoli
- 75g green beans
- 2 generous handfuls roughly chopped kale leaves
- 25g flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Handful of radish sprouts (or alfalfa or other sprouts)
- Sea salt
Miso mustard dressing
- 2 tablespoons unpasteurised white miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon raw/unpasteurised honey
- 3 tablespoons filtered water
Preheat the oven to 150C/Gas 2.
Cook the rice according to the packet instructions and leave to cool.
Meanwhile put the chopped pecans and sunflower seeds on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
To make the dressing, whisk together the miso paste, mustard and honey until evenly mixed then whisk in the filtered water.
Steam the broccoli and beans for 5 minutes. Add the kale to the steamer for the final minute.
Add the cooked greens to the cooked rice and combine. Stir through the parsley, dressing and nuts/seeds and mix thoroughly. Divide between two shallow bowls. Lay the avocado slices along one side of the bowl, top with the sprouts and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt over each bowl.