Any greens pesto
- 60g rocket (or swap for kale, spinach, cavolo nero – whatever green leafy you can get)
- 50g of either pine nuts, cashews or flaked almonds
- 50g Parmesan, grated – you can sub this for nutritional yeast flakes for vegan version or leave out
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 100ml cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Pinch mineral-rich salt
- Pinch black pepper
Toast the nuts you are using in a pan for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Then add all of the ingredients, except the olive oil to a food processor. Pulse to break down the ingredients for a minute or so and then GRADUALLY add the olive oil until you get a nice blended texture.
Use mixed through piping hot fettuccini and burrata as pictured, or straight up with pasta, as a delicious side for meat/fish, mixed through roasted vegetables and topped with grilled halloumi, or with scrambled eggs on sourdough for a flavoursome brunch. The uses are myriad and delicious!
Store in a container with lid in the fridge with enough olive oil to cover. Should be good for up to 2 weeks.