The greatest granola
See list below categories of ingredients for the basic recipe for your granola so you can get creative and make it your own…
- Grain 150g oats (swap for other grains such as spelt, rye, buckwheat or quinoa flakes or a mix of a few)
- Nuts & seeds 100g nuts and 50g of another nut or seed
- Sweetener 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- Oil 1 tablespoon melted butter or coconut oil
- Spices 2 teaspoons – such as cinnamon, ground ginger, allspice, cardamom, fennel seeds, vanilla
- Dried fruit 35g dried fruit such as sliced figs or apricots, mulberries, chopped apple rings, banana chips, raisins, sultanas
- Salt a generous couple pinch sea or other mineral rich salt
- Extras (optional) 25g which could be coconut chips, cacao nibs, coconut chips if you want a more decadent granola
Here are some flavour combinations below that you might want to try but basically just have fun with it!
Preheat the oven to 150C.
Pulse the nuts (and seeds if using) in a food processor.
Transfer to a large bowl. Add in the grains, spices, salt and extras (if using). Drizzle over the melted oil and sweetener. Mix well and spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 20 minutes. Stir to mix around and bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and mix through the dried fruit. Leave to cool fully and transfer to a large jar (or other container) with a lid.
Serve with your choice of milk and/or yogurt and a spoon of nut butter if you choose.
It should keep fresh for up to 4 weeks if you haven’t eaten it all by then!