Dad’s Spag Bol
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 225g organic grass-fed beef mince
- 100g organic chicken livers, finely chopped
- 350g tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 150ml red wine
- 300ml organic beef bone broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 300g spaghetti
- Finely grated Parmesan to serve
Heat the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the minced beef and cook, stirring for about 10 minutes or until the meat is well browned.
Add the chicken livers, tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, broth, bay leaf, oregano, basil and salt. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 1 hour.
Cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain and divide between four bowls. Then divide the sauce bewteen the bowls, removing the bay leaf beforehand. Finsih with a generous handful of Parmesan in each bowl.