Broccoli, pea + basil soup
- 350g broccoli (approx 1 medium-large head of broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 white onion, peeled and quartered
- 150g frozen peas
- 15g basil leaves
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 500ml organic chicken bone broth (or vegetable broth for plant-based alternative)
- 100ml filtered water
- Generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper
To top: Pumpkin and sunflower seeds
Preheat the oven to 200c. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Cut the broccoli including the stalk into smaller chunks. Peel and quarter the onion and peel the garlic cloves and also add to the tray. Drizzle generously with olive oil and bake for 30 mins.
Transfer to a high speed blender with the peas, basil leaves, olive oil, ACV, bone broth, water and seasoning. Start the blender on low and build up speed until you get a smooth consistency. Pour into a medium-large saucepan and gently heat.
Transfer to bowls and top with the seeds.