Black Forest Pancakes
- 65g oat flour (or can swap for spelt flour)
- 35g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 135ml milk of your choice
- 150g cherries (with stone removed) (I usually use frozen)
- Coconut oil or butter to grease pan
- 100g thick full fat yogurt (swap for coconut yogurt for vegan version)
- Your favourite chocolate to finish
Heat the oven to 100C and put a large plate inside to warm ready for your pancakes after cooking.
Put the flour, cocoa powder, bicarb into a medium bowl and mix evenly. Add in the apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, maple syrup and gradually the milk to get your batter. Let this sit for 10 minutes.
Whilst resting heat the cherries in a small pan over a low heat until they start to soften (roughly 3 minutes). Remove the pan off the heat.
Lightly grease a large frying pan with coconut oil or butter. Use 2 tablespoons of mixture to create your pancakes in batches of 3-4 depending on how large your pan. Cook for around 2 minutes until you see bubbles appearing and flip over for another minute or two. Transfer onto a plate and into the oven to keep warm. Keep repeating until you have used up all the batter. You should have 10 in total.
Plate with two pancakes on the bottom layer, add a tablespoon of yogurt and a tablespoon of the cherries, lay another pancake on top and repeat the yogurt and cherries, repeat another two times until you have finished. Finally finish with shavings of whichever chocolate you like!